That leaves a decision for you to make... Will you address the holidays and teach your students about the contributions made by these groups? Of course, you will!
Here's a few helpful resources to get you through the celebrations and back on course in your Social Studies or ELA classes!
- Take a Walking Tour with the Presidents!
- Place President Scavenger Hunt!
- Review the Presidents with a Presidents Matching Game!
- Investigate Important African Americans with a Biography Card Set!
- Evaluate the Contributions of the Civil Rights Movement Heroes!
Women's History Month - Use my Important American Women Biography Cards to celebrate significant American women and their contributions.
Mardi Gras - Take a Walking Tour of the Mardi Gras and paint the day purple, green and gold!