While this task can seem overwhelming, it is not! It's quite simple, really!
- Start with the history! We can never predict the future without understanding the past.
- Examine the geography of the region. What are the implications of the region's geography?
- Address the current events and issues of the region.
- Investigate the grassroots changes and developments.
- Examine existing programs and determine their effectiveness.
- Explore potential outcomes.
- Make world connections.
- Address global impacts.
- Encourage intellectual investment.
- Continue to introduce important topics and allow students to take their learning a step further.
So, what are you waiting for? Stop just teaching about the past, and start encouraging students to apply their understanding of history in preparing for a more positive future!
Need the resources?
Take a look at my Developing Countries of Africa Centers Activity and my Challenges in Asia Activity.